News and updates of my Border Collies and our canine performance events.

Visit our website at
http://www.madaboutbcs.com/








January 14, 2012

It’s Been One Year….

…since that painful day that I lost Token. Such a knife to the heart. A punch in the gut. Dogs_010111_3

Getting through the first year is a milestone for me…I’ve gotten past most of the ‘firsts’…First time back at flyball, first agility trial running just one dog, first birthday without him… I trust it gets a bit easier now. Missing him is normal, and is bad enough. The unfairness of losing him way before his time makes me both angry and sad. But on we go… Dandy & Tempo continue to make it all bearable. My little pieces of Token, still with me. I know his spirit is always close by. But I still miss him every day. Sure, it’s nice that the bath towels are no longer pulled off the rack. The stuffed toys in the house last longer than five minutes. He wasn’t perfect, he had his naughty streak. But he was one of the best nevertheless…I miss his nuzzling, his hugs & kisses, his joy for life. His larger-than-life personality. He was special, not for agility or flyball, but for his connection to people. He had an aura about him that was something very special. I’m so lucky that he shared his life, as shortened as it was, with me.

I love you, Token, and miss you every day. Wait for me at the Bridge the way you waited for me to get home one year ago today, so I could be with you at the end. Until then, I hope to see you again in my dreams.

2 comments:

Donalee said...

Beautiful tribute to a wonderful dog, athlete, companion, and friend.

Debbie Seymour said...

Those words brought Token to life. I didn't have the chance of knowing him and after reading this I wish I had. You have me in tears. His spirit lives on in Dandy and Tempo and he will always be a part of you.